Thursday, December 14, 2017

The Fate of Crate Sixty Eight



Played a game a few weeks ago vs joe's new Nurgle worshipers. Captain Molaison brought the Red Hunters and a small squad of Grey Knights to eliminate them. We generated a random mission with Total War cards, which was interesting. Deployment zones took up fully each half of the short table edge. It was kind of intimidating to have a full squad of Plague Marines and a Land Raider RIGHT THERE turn one. Made me deploy back maybe a little further than I might have otherwise. Though with Orks or some other assaulty army it could have been pretty fun.
I'll admit I am a little jealous of the kinds of cool paint things you can do with a Nurgle army.

Really cool 

See what I mean about that Land Raider? This was his Turn 2.

Did a pretty good job of blowing this unit away. The Dreadnought in back got shot and hacked up by Grey Knight Strike Squad Durer the turn after. Of course, the ensuing explosion took the Knights out with it, so I don't even have pics of them.

And then the objective arrived. Box 68, dropped from orbit with a very important live xenos specimen on board. Of course it would show up as far from my deployment as possible. My timid reactionary setup would ultimately make winning this game pretty hard.

I may have pointed it out before, but these play mats make photos look so much more awesome.

My only hope here would rest squarely on the pauldrons of Grand Master Covan Leorac.

It took less than two rounds of combat to banish Daemon Prince NNuuurrr'c'c back to the Warp.

Tactical Squad Mimetus only has to hold off the suppurating hoard long enough for Leorac to teleport out with the target.

And hold they did.

Unfortunately, they couldn't hold the Land Raider. Even the best of the best Astartes can only stand up to so many lascannons. The servants of the Dark Gods would escape with some critical information -- if they know how to extract it.

2 comments:

  1. Did you win that? Or did Joe, I can't remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Red Hunters, while putting some serious hurt on the Traitor Legionnaires, were not able to secure the objective. Being that was the sole win condition of the game, I lost.

    ReplyDelete