Saturday, January 3, 2015

Morkanaut from a Rhino Conversion

So I love the rules for the new Morkanaut/Gorkanaut. But I'm also very cheap, and building things out of scrap metal fits my Deffskull army really well.

So to that end, I got a rhino hull (no hatches, no tracks, just cheap) and thought it would be funny to see a half-dozen boyz hop out of the top hatch.

The hardest part for me was building a big Klaw of Mork (or possibly Gork)






This will make sense with the next few pictures. 


The shoulder piece here is a brass valve for a garden hose.
The inside happens to fit up to a 1/4" bolt.

Had to do some creative clipping and gouging to get that piece to fit.

Turns out it's kinda heavy

I have to find some way to counterbalance.

This is a Forge World Supa Zappa Gun, which I bought two of recently.
I want to use them as Kustom Mega Kannons, which is an important component of the Morkanaut.

Still working on the right shoulder and legs, but I have some ideas.
Magnets will become important.
The head and KMB is from the same cheap bitz seller that I got the rhino hull from. The TL big shoota on the left shoulder is based on some brushes inside a power drill. So that's it so far. Updates to come.

1 comment:

  1. The last picture was the "aha moment" for me. I'm really excited to see this come to fruit!

    ReplyDelete