Sunday, September 28, 2014

HAPPY ORK DANCE!




So I got these boxes of ork parts and projects in various stages of completion from old ork-friend Pen Dull.

This was several weeks ago, but I promised I would show them off a bit and maybe post updates as they get finished. I think I can use almost every bit in this set.

These were one of my favorite finds. I always wanted to use some of my old fantasy models to represent Feral orks/Wildboyz/Snakebites. Some of my first fantasy games were almost 50% models such as these - not even a simple shoota in sight.

 And for comparison's sake:
 Special characters still special if you have more than one? They'll both be getting heavily converted, anyway.
 One of my first Big Bosses alongside his futuristic doppelganger. Best buds at first sight.
 Hot Wheels or Grot Bomm?
 Kobold?

 This one I already converted. With the newest codex, a Big Mek can have Mega Armor, Klaw, and Killsaw. I made the claw out of a couple old choppas and replaced the TL Shoota. Then I covered the head with a mesh visor. The head is still there but looked too puny for my taste.
And lastly, I'm not really sure about this one. Perhaps he's best used as an objective marker or sculpture-like conversation piece. Sometimes I can't tell with guys like Pen Dull. But I will always be appreciative. Thanks buddy!

1 comment:

  1. The last one was a Madboy back-in-the-day. You see, he's being a sneaky git: laying down his choppa in an apparent offer of peace.

    But strapped to his back...

    Glad you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete