Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Subway to the Danger Zone

So I took it upon myself to take a number of photos of this year's D-Company Big Game. There is a big trend towards my own teammate's and direct opponent's miniatures, of course. However, during one or two of the lulls between turns I tried to wander down the rest of the nine (9!) tables and find some interesting models and epic confrontations.

I deployed almost my entire collection. The only thing that didn't see combat was a pair of lobbas.

Mark's force.

His aquatic conversions, like much of his ork army, were hilarious.

Chuck has a lot of tanks.

I think Dale could have done nothing but superheavies and Apoc formations, including TWO Green Tide units. Yes, that is over 200 basic Ork Boyz.



From a game Friday night that was lost handily.










Pulsa Rokkit armed.

Liftoff!

Overcosted or underappreciated?




Our most inept Victory Point, but it still counts!


Surprise!

An early casualty.







I think these were around Turn 3 or so?





"Welkum to da Red Orktoba!"
My biggest regret of the day was not talking in enough Sean Connery voice.


Each one of these planes entered the board twice and survived exactly zero full turns (except maybe two at the end)

They died so fast that the lead Dakkajet was removed before I could even snap this pic.

Burninate the countryside!



The Emperor's Cock.




I don't know what these are. Fleshhounds? They don't look very fleshy. Which way are they even facing? I'm guessing Maj Slovak had something to do with this nightmare.








More of Slovak's nightmare fuel.






Bulwarks nearly breached.

The Emperor's Castration.




That's a lot of winged evil surrounding that statue.

omg i love these so much

Could the Reaver finally be brought down?

Yes! And the orks will take full credit thankyouverymuch. Waaagh indeed.



All in all, I loved how big and stupid this event can be, and for such a sustained period. Though I don't think I could do it more than once a year. I can't even imagine what it must be like to organize the thing, so thank you again to Boroth, Joe, Stormcaller, Pendull, and everyone else who made it such a fun event.

No comments:

Post a Comment